To overrun a computer program's memory buffer.
- On Windows, each DLL has its own i) heap and/ or ii) stack.
- In StackGuard, whenever a function is called, code is added that pushes a small value called a _______ value over to the stack.
- A hacker wishes to execute his malicious code on the victim machine using a buffer overflow. For this he would need to know:
- Which are detection tools for Buffer Overflow - Choose all that apply (vengono selgnalati come rilevamento prodotti come debugger ma non è così)
- Splint is a source code analyzer that is capable of detecting a _____.
- Which of the following programming languages is susceptible to a stack-based buffer overflow attack?
- Which of these is the 'base pointer:
- A buffer overflow attack requires two things: A buffer to overflow; and then overwriting a sensitive piece of information such as a function pointer or return address. Which of the following is a technique to prevent buffer overflow attacks?
- Microsoft's \GS compiler flag implementation of canary kept the stack safe.
- If a programmer fails to perform bounds checking, it can lead to buffer overflows.