Deceiving people with malicious intent; a psychological technique.
- Which can be impacted by a social engineering attack? (Choose 3)
- Select the 2 phrase that BEST completes the following statement: Understanding human nature can drastically aid in the exploitation of human beings. Human ___________ and the need to adhere to __________ can allow a hacker to gain access to restricted areas easily.
- Mark goes to Tom's office to ask for a document. While Tom is busy searching his cabinets for the document, Mark can see an open spreadsheet on Tom's computer displaying personal information about employees. What has Mark just done?
- Which is the best way to mitigate tailgating?
- Bill (a hacker) infects Erica's computer at ABC with a virus through a phishing email. After gaining access to Erica's computer, he realizes that she does not have the type of sensitive information he's looking for. However, she has a document containing contacts for services she might need (pizza delivery, plumbing, electricity etc). He edits this, and saves his contact phone number as "Mark- affordable IT services". Soon enough Erica calls Mark to complain about the virus on her computer, inviting him to fix it. What has Bill done in this scenario?
- When implementing a social engineering attack, impersonating a company employee with whom you are not legally contracted may result in charges for criminal trespassing.
- An attacker waiting outside the entry point, where biometric authorization is required. when an authorized person or employee came & open the door with his id. he just rush to entry point and pretending his hands are busy with heavy stuff in both hands, and request him to please hold down the door. employee did the same and let him enter. what attacker did ?
- An email that targets CEOs or other high level management is called what? (select one choice)
- What term applies when an attacker uses a person’s personal details to increase their credibility?
- Information gathered from social networking sites such as facebook, linkedin, twitter etc, can be used for which types of attacks? (Choose two)