Communication and Network Security
- Fragmentation of application data payload is the responsibility of which of the following?
- In respect of SSL communications, validated by a third party, which of the following statements are true? 1 The recipient validates the identity of the server with a public authority. Once validated the recipient requests an SSL session from the server. The server issues the recipient with a key. The recipient and server then both encrypt data using this key. 2 The server sends the recipient a certificate. The recipient checks the certificate against records held by the validating authority. The recipient requests an SSL session from the server. The server then sends the server a private key to encrypt the data. 3 The recipient encrypts a one time session key, using its own private key and sends this to the server. The server decrypts the session key using the recipients public key. The session key is used to send and receive data. 4 The recipient gets the servers public key from a third party server. The recipient creates the session key and encrypts it using the public key. The server decrypts the session key using its private key. The session key is then used to encrypt data sent and received between the two computers. 5 The server sends the recipient a certificate. The recipient encrypts its private key using the certificate and sends it to the server. The server generates a session key encrypted with the recipients private key. The session key is decrypted by the recipient. The session key is then used to encrypt the data sent and received between the recipient and the server.
- An example of End-point authentication over a network has which of the following properties to verify the entities are in fact who they say they are. (Choose all that apply)
- In which phase of TLS handshake server can require client certificate?
- TLS can only be used for HTTP traffic
- Which of these services is provided by both IPSec and SSL?
- Which of the following provides privacy for LANs that may communicate through the global Internet.
- In FTPS, file transfer is secured via _____?
- A VPN protocol that operates at OSI layer 3 network model is_______________.
- In what mode does IPSec protect the entire IP packet, including the original IP header?